Modi 's Sizzling Photo Blog!

Why you should get to know me: "Because there is much more to me than meets the eye, and at least half of it is actually good stuff."

Thursday, July 08, 2004
 
Do Dragons Exist ?
I think they do... may not be in this realm though Dragons

I personally feel Dragons are just as real as the Quarks, Neutrons, Protons & Anti-matter :). Though never seen them, I rely on my knowledge (superstitions?).

If you ask a D&D fan, like me, I would say - They were a kind of dark ages dinosaur, probably evolving from large turkey-like beast (simply taking the bird's scaly nastiness to it's logical conclusion). Unfortunately their bellies were full of hydrochloric acid so when they died their bones dissolved. So no skeletons. (Though I am not sure what I would do when I might find one and am not sure of its alignment with good or evil? :o ).

But since humans are the single most "destructive force" (for lack of a better term) on the planet, maybe it would be a good thing if something with intelligence opposed us. winky
The burden of proof is on the person making a positive claim. So the burden of proof is on all of us who like RPGs.

PS: If you believe in something... you are in trouble :P

A reply from one of my friends on a message forum: [Of course they exist, they live on the Komodo islands.]

Comments:
Dragons could very well exist somewhere, living quietly, but you've got to answer for a few of our given assumptions about dragons first.

- Bone structure. A creature that size would have to have a very different bone structure from any other creature we know of, or else it's skeleton would splinter under its own weight.

- Wings. This goes hand in hand with the previous statement. A bird's wings are, on average, larger than its body, sometimes twice as big or more. Birds have evolved to have hollow bones (maybe some other stuff too, I don't know enough about it) to cut back on their weight so they can fly. Not a problem for something that small. Consider the weight question brought up in before, and you realize that for it to be able to fly its wings would have to be HUGE, like four or five times its body size at the very least. Not to mention how the skeletal system of the wings could support it without them breaking or tearing off its body.

- Fire. Reign of fire had a fairly convincing explanation for this (at least to me, I'm not as smart as a lot of people on here, so I may be wrong) but I'd still like to see some sort of research on how this could work.

Of course, you could just chalk all that stuff up to magic and leave it at that, but that opens up a whole another can of worms on whether you believe that's possible or not (I personally think it is, but I doubt anyone has figured out how to utilize it yet).
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory     free hit counter     Powered by Blogger         Listed on BlogShares