Modi 's Sizzling Photo Blog!

Why you should get to know me: "Because there is much more to me than meets the eye, and at least half of it is actually good stuff."

Saturday, September 11, 2004
 
Camera

My new Canon PowerShot S1 IS Digital Camera (Cost: $335).


Video compression
I realise the movie mode on my Powershot is little more than a toy, but I've taken a couple of clips that have gone down well. Only when a friend asked me to send him one of the files over MSN Messenger did I notice the huge size of the video files: a 150s movie as 320x200 is 37 MB! So, a tip for anyone taking videos: use the free Virtualdub tool to transcode to a better codec. My 37MB file recompressed to 7MB. Or just use the Windows Movie Maker and save it as a movie.wmv file.
For *nix users: The codec mjpeg, is just a series of pictures (15fps or something) and needs to be converted. For unix flavours you can convert the encoding by using FFMPEG or mencoder (part of mplayer)
Some Reviews: 1, 2
Info on Rechargable Batteries

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory     free hit counter     Powered by Blogger         Listed on BlogShares